Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-fi
Directors: Michael Bay
Writers: Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, John Rogers
Casts: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Rachael Taylor, Anthony Anderson, Jon Voight, Michael O’Neill, Kevin Dunn, Julie White & John Turturro.
Plot: An ancient struggle between two Cybertronian races, the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons, comes to Earth, with a clue to the ultimate power held by a teenager. – IMDB
Yes I though the plot was interesting.
I enjoyed this one because I grew-up with it.
The Transforming and the way film looks and the set-up to the final battle.
- Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots who transforms into a blue and red 1994 Peterbilt 379 semi-trailer truck. Peter Cullen had previously voiced Optimus Prime in the original 1980s cartoon and was chosen to reprise his role, which was warmly welcomed by audiences and considered one of the film’s best aspects.
- Mark Ryan as Bumblebee, the Autobot scout and Sam’s new guardian who transforms into a yellow and black 2006 Chevrolet Camaro.
- Darius McCrary as Jazz, Optimus’s second-in-command who transforms into a silver 2006 Pontiac Solstice.
- Robert Foxworth as Ratchet, the Autobot medic who transforms into a yellow 2004 search and rescue Hummer H2 ambulance.
- Jess Harnell as Ironhide, the Autobot weapons expert who transforms into a black 2005 GMC Topkick C4500.
- Hugo Weaving as Megatron, the leader of the Decepticons who transforms into a silver Cybertronian jet. Originally Frank Welker (voice of Megatron in the original series) was considered but according to DVD commentary, Bay thought his voice didn’t fit, so Weaving was chosen instead.
- Charlie Adler as Starscream, Megatron’s second-in-command who transforms into a Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor. Adler had previously voiced several characters in the original series, most noticeably Silverbolt.
- Blackout, Megatron’s third-in-command who transforms into a MH-53J Pave Low III.
- Jess Harnell as Barricade, the Decepticon scout and interrogator who transforms into a black Saleen S281 police car.
- Jim Wood as Bonecrusher, the Decepticon mine sweeper who transforms into a Buffalo H Mine-Protected vehicle.
- Brawl, the Decepticon demolition specialist who transforms into a dark green M1 Abrams.
- Reno Wilson as Frenzy, the Decepticon hacker and Barricade’s minion, who transforms into a PGX Boombox, and later a Nokia 8800.
- Scorponok, a scorpion Decepticon and Blackout’s minion.
I will recommend this film to a friend on Blu-Ray or DVD.
Rating: 6 out of 10 Stars – IMDB.