Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-fi
Directors: Michael Bay
Writers: Ehren Kruger
Casts: Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Sophia Myles, Titus Welliver, Ken Watanabe, Peter Cullen & John Goodman.
Plot: After an epic battle, a great city lies in ruins, but the Earth itself is saved. As humanity begins to pick up the pieces, a shadowy group emerges to try to take control of history. Meanwhile, an ancient and powerful new menace sets its sights on Earth. A new group of humans, led by Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg), helps Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) and the Autobots rise up to meet their most fearsome challenge yet: a worldwide war of good versus evil. – Rotten Tomatoes/Flixster
Yes I find this plot interesting.
I very much enjoyed this one.
Good Bits: I like Lockdown as the villain, he was pretty good and so were the performances from Kelsey Grammer, Stanley Tucci & Mark Wahlberg. The Autobots & Decepticons finally get some personalities. I like the Car Chase at the beginning. And finally the main human Character gets he’s hands dirty.
The Characters are both Humans and the Transformers.
- Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager, a single father and struggling inventor.
- Stanley Tucci as Joshua Joyce, the ambitiously arrogant head of KSI who wants to build his own Transformers.
- Kelsey Grammer as Harold Attinger, a paranoid CIA director and government official who created the CIA black-ops unit Cemetery Wind to eliminate all Transformers, Autobot or Decepticon, from Earth.
- Nicola Peltz as Tessa Yeager, Cade’s daughter who is secretly dating Shane.
- Jack Reynor as Shane Dyson, Tessa’s boyfriend and an Irish rally car driver.
- Titus Welliver as James Savoy, a ruthless CIA Agent and field leader of the Cemetery Wind unit working for Attinger.
- Sophia Myles as Darcy Tirrel, Joshua’s geologist assistant and ex-girlfriend.
- Li Bingbing as Su Yueming (苏月明 Sū Yuèmíng), owner of the Chinese factory used by KSI to build their artificial Transformers.
- T. J. Miller as Lucas Flannery, Cade’s best friend and a mechanic.
- James Bachman as Gill Wembley, a scientist working with Joshua Joyce at KSI.
- Thomas Lennon as the Chief of Staff.
- Peter Cullen voices Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots who transforms into a rusty Marmon 97 semi truck and later, a blue and red Western Star 5700 XE semi-trailer truck with flame decals.
- Bumblebee, an Autobot scout who communicates through voice clips and sound bites via his radio who transforms into a modified 1967 Chevrolet Camaro and later, a 2016 Chevrolet Camaro concept.
- John Goodman voices Hound, an Autobot commando unit who transforms into an Oshkosh Defense Medium Tactical Vehicle.
- Ken Watanabe voices Drift, a Samurai-motif Autobot, tactician and a former Decepticon assassin who transforms into a black and blue 2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse and a Sikorsky S-97 Raider Helicopter.
- John DiMaggio voices Crosshairs, an Autobot paratrooper and elite sniper who transforms into a black and green 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray.
- Robert Foxworth voices Ratchet, the Autobot medical officer who transforms into a white and green 2004 Search and rescue Hummer H2 ambulance.
- Reno Wilson voices Brains, a former Decepticon drone turned Autobot who has lost his right leg.
- Frank Welker voices Galvatron, a human-made KSI Transformer modeled after Optimus Prime, but using data downloaded from the remains of Megatron, becomes possessed by the Decepticon leader. He molecularly transforms into a black and grey 2014 Freightliner Argosy cab over trailer truck.
- Stinger, a human-made KSI Transformer modeled after Bumblebee who later becomes a Decepticon and molecularly transforms into a red and black 2013 Pagani Huayra.
- Junkheap, a human-made KSI Transformer who has a three-man splitting technique and later becomes a Decepticon under Galvatron’s control. It molecularly transforms into a Mack garbage truck of Waste Management,Inc.
- “Traxes”, human-made KSI Transformers modeled after Roadbuster who later become Decepticons under Galvatron’s control and molecularly transform into red, blue, black or white Chevrolet Traxes.
- “Two-Heads”, two-headed human-made KSI Transformers modeled from the remains of Shockwave who later become Decepticons under Galvatron’s control.
- “KSI Bosses”, human-made KSI Transformers modeled after Soundwave who later become Decepticons under Galvatron’s control.
- Mark Ryan voices Lockdown, an extremely powerful, relentless, heavily enhanced, ruthless Cybertronian bounty hunter and a former Decepticon who transforms into a grey 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 Coupe and is hired by the mysterious Creators to bring Optimus Prime back to them.
- Steeljaws, the savage techno-organic wolf-like minions of Lockdown.
I will recommend this film to those who like the previous ones.
Rating: 6 OUT OF 10 Stars – IMDB