Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-fi
Directors: Michael Bay
Writers: Ehren Kruger
Casts: Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Kevin Dunn, Julie White, John Turturro, John Malkovick, Frances McDorman and Patrick Dempsey.
Plot: When a mysterious event from Earth’s past erupts into the present day, it threatens to bring a war to Earth so big that the Transformers alone will not be able to save us. – Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes
Did you find the plot interesting?
Will I think that this movie was an improvement? On the last one.
Good Bits: The Buzz Aldrin cameo appearance and The final 3rd Act.
Bad Bits: The Run-time is too long. The Acting was pretty bad. Sam’s Shouting. Transformers are secondary Characters in their own movie.
The Characters are both Humans and the Transformers.
- Shia LaBeouf as Sam Witwicky, a recent college graduate who is once again tied to the fate of Earth’s survival.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as Carly Spencer, Sam’s new girlfriend.
- Josh Duhamel as William Lennox, an Army Rangers officer, who commands of the classified strike team NEST, an international task-force battling Decepticons with the Autobots.
- John Turturro as Seymour Simmons, a former agent in charge of the terminated Sector 7 unit and now a successful professional writer.
- Tyrese Gibson as Chief Master Sergeant Robert Epps, former NCOIC of the NEST strike team who now works at Kennedy Space Center.
- Patrick Dempsey as Dylan Gould, a wealthy car collector and Carly’s employer who is secretly in cahoots with the Decepticons and the main antagonist of the film.
- Kevin Dunn as Ron Witwicky, Sam’s father.
- Julie White as Judy Witwicky, Sam’s mother.
- John Malkovich as Bruce Brazos, Sam’s employer and boss at Accuretta Systems.
- Frances McDormand as Charlotte Mearing, the Director of National Intelligence.
- Keiko Agena as the aide and assistant of Charlotte Mearing.
- Lester Speight as “Hardcore” Eddie, a former member of NEST.
- Josh Kelly as Stone, a former member of NEST.
- Alan Tudyk as Dutch, Simmons’ personal assistant.
- Mark Ryan as Military Drone Operator
- Ken Jeong as Jerry “Deep” Wang, a paranoid software programmer at Sam’s work.
- Glenn Morshower as General Morshower, Director of NEST, who communicates with the squad from the Pentagon.
- Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots and keeper of the Matrix of Leadership who transforms into a blue and red 1994 Peterbilt 379 semi-trailer truck.
- Leonard Nimoy as Sentinel Prime, Optimus’s predecessor as the leader of the Autobots and later a Decepticon who transforms into a red and black Rosenbauer Panther Fire Truck. This was Nimoy’s last major film role before his death in February 2015.
- Bumblebee, the Autobot scout and Sam Witwicky’s guardian who transforms into a yellow and black 2011 Chevrolet Camaro.
- Jess Harnell as Ironhide, the Autobot weapons specialist and Optimus Prime’s second-in-command who transforms into a black 2006 GMC Topkick C4500.
- Robert Foxworth as Ratchet, the Autobot medical officer who transforms into a white and green 2004 search and rescue Hummer H2 ambulance.
- James Remar as Sideswipe, the Autobot combat instructor from Revenge of the Fallen who transforms into a silver 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray covertible.
- Francesco Quinn as Dino, the Autobot spy who transforms into a red 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia. This was Quinn’s final role before his death shortly after the film’s release.
- George Coe as Que, the Autobot engineer who invents gadgets, equipment, and weapons and transforms into a blue 2009 Mercedes-Benz E550. This was Coe’s final role before his death in July 2015.
- Tom Kenny as Wheelie, a former Decepticon drone turned Autobot from Revenge of the Fallen who transforms into a blue radio-controlled toy monster truck.
- Reno Wilson as Brains, Wheelie’s partner and a fellow former Decepticon drone who transforms into a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge laptop computer.
- The Wreckers, a trio of Autobots who transform into Chevrolet Impala racecars who maintained the spacecraft Xantium.
- Ron Bottitta as Roadbuster, an Autobot Wrecker who transforms into a Hendrick Motorsports #88 AMP Energy/National Guard Chevrolet Impala.
- John DiMaggio as Leadfoot, the leader of the Autobot Wreckers who transforms into a Chip Ganassi Racing #42 Target Chevrolet Impala.
- Topspin, an Autobot Wrecker who transforms into a Hendrick Motorsports #48 Lowe’s/Kobalt Chevrolet Impala.
- Hugo Weaving as Megatron, the leader of the Decepticons who is still badly wounded from the battle in Egypt and transforms into a rusty 10-wheeler Mack Titan tank-truck.
- Charlie Adler as Starscream, Megatron’s second-in-command who transforms into a Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor.
- Frank Welker as:
- Keith Szarabajka as Laserbeak, a condor-like Decepticon who is fiercely loyal to Soundwave and frequently changes transformation modes.
- Greg Berg as Igor, a deformed Decepticon who serves as a personal servant to Megatron in his exile.
- The Dreads, a trio of Decepticons that transform into black Police Chevrolet Suburbans.
- Crankcase, the leader of the Decepticon Dreads who transforms into a black Police Chevrolet Suburban.
- Jim Wood as Crowbar (uncredited), a four-legged Decepticon Dread who transforms into a black Police Chevrolet Suburban.
- Hatchet, a Decepticon Dread who transforms into a black Police Chevrolet Suburban.
- Driller, a giant worm-like and tentacled Decepticon and Shockwave’s pet.
- Devcon, a quadruped Decepticon who participates in the Battle of Chicago.
- Loader, a Superfund hazardous substances truck who transports the Pillars in Chicago.
I will recommend this one only watch the 3rd Act and you can get it on DVD Or BLU-RAY.
Rating: 4 out of 10 stars – IMDB