Genre: Animation, Comedy
Directors: Kyle Balda, Pierre Coffin
Casts: Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Trey Parker, Miranda Cosgrove, Dana Gaier, Nev Scharrel, Steve Coogan, Jenny Slate, Pierre Coffin & Julie Andrews.
Plot: The mischievous Minions hope that Gru will return to a life of crime after the new boss of the Anti-Villain League fires him. Instead, Gru decides to remain retired and travel to Freedonia to meet his long-lost twin brother for the first time. The reunited siblings soon find themselves in an uneasy alliance to take down the elusive Balthazar Bratt, a former 1980s child star who seeks revenge against the world. – Wikipedia
I dislike this plot because it was done in too-much films.
I did enjoy this one but it is still funny, but I feel this one was the weakest one in this film series.
Good Bits: Animated is steel amazing, Lucy was in a better role this time around. The Minions steal the show again & Trey Parker as Balthazar Bratt was excellent.
Bad Bits: The Brothers dynamic was not interested.
He’s the Movie’s Characters and they are: Steve Carell as Felonious Gru, the former villain-turned Anti-Villain League agent, Margo, Edith, and Agnes’ adoptive father, and Lucy’s husband. Carell also voices Dru, Gru’s long-lost twin brother.
- Kristen Wiig as Lucy Wilde, an Anti-Villain League agent, Gru’s wife and the girls’ adoptive mother.
- Trey Parker as Balthazar Bratt, a supervillain and former child star who grows up to become obsessed with the character he played in the ’80s and is bent on world domination.
- Miranda Cosgrove as Margo, Gru and Lucy’s oldest adoptive daughter.
- Dana Gaier as Edith, Gru and Lucy’s middle adoptive daughter.
- Nev Scharrel as Agnes, Gru and Lucy’s youngest adoptive daughter.
- Steve Coogan as Silas Ramsbottom, the director of the Anti-Villain League.
- Steve Coogan also voices Fritz.
- Julie Andrews as Marlena Gru, Gru and Dru’s mother.
- Jenny Slate as Valerie Da Vinci, a member of the Anti-Villain League, she fires Gru and Lucy because they failed their mission.
- Pierre Coffin as Mel and other Minions.
- Pierre Coffin also voices a museum director.
- Chris Renaud as Additional Minions.
I do recommend this film to have a great laugh.
Rating: 3½ out of 5 Stars – Rotten Tomatoes/Flixster